Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lil Wayne To MTV, "Gucci Mane Was On The List & Eminem Wasn't?"

Lil Wayne has become the latest artist to share a surprised reaction to Eminem not being placed on MTV's popular "Hottest in the Game" listing and losing out to Rick Ross, Fabolous and Raekwon.
In addition to Em, Weezy also reacted to Jay-Z No. 1 spot.





"LIL WAYNE SAID"
"Uhm, who's number one?," Wayne asked radio personality Tim Westwood in an interview. "Jay-Z? Nah, that's cool [me being at number two.] That's cool. That's okay, I thought Drake was gonna be number one. Eminem [is not on the list]? Who else is on the list? Gucci who? Gucci Mane? Gucci Mane was on the list and Eminem wasn't on it? [laughs] Shout-out my n*gga Gucci. [laughs]"


Writing via a blog posting last week, Jermaine Dupri shared his issues with this year's grouping.
"WHATS UP LIFERS HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!," he wrote today (October 9). "TODAYS QUESTION IS ABOUT THE MTV HOT MCs LIST. MY QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT EMINEM NOT MAKING IT? I PERSONALLY THINK THE LIST JUST LOST ITS CREDIBILITY BY NOT INCLUDING HIM. NOT ONLY DID HE MAKE A ALBUM THIS YEAR BUT THAT ALBUM OUT SOLD 75 PERCENT OF EVERYBODY ON THE LIST .SERGE WAS TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE LIST AND WHY THIS HAPPENED BUT TO ME THIS IS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE KEEP SAYING HIPHOP IS DEAD. WE HAVE NO RULES AND THE FIRST RULE SHOULD BE, UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS THE RECORD BUSINESS (KEY WORD BUSINESS) THE END RESULT IS TO SELL RECORDS NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. IN THESE BAD TIMES OF THE RECORD INDUSTRY HE SHOULD'VE MADE IT FOR THAT FACT ALONE THAT HE STILL HAD THE POWER TO MOVE 600K RECORD HIS FIRST WEEK. ANYWAY YALL ALWAYS ASKING HOW I FEEL SO THERE YOU HAVE IT LOL!!!!! TALK TO ME!!!"


Despite landing the number one spot, Jay-Z also wondered why Slim Shady was not listed.
"MTV, Thanx for this nod of appreciation," he wrote in a statement. "Although I don't strive to be 'hot' for any particular year, I thank you for the acknowledgment. My whole goal is to be recognized as the best ever. I created the term 'best rapper alive' as a sign of respect to my fallen comrades (Biggie and Tupac). I believe I've allowed a significant grace period, and I believe I would not be respecting myself if being the absolute best was not my goal, and that's why I continue to push myself until exhaustion ... salute. Sidebar: Kanye moment if I may ... Eminem?!?! I think you do the credibility of this list a disservice if you don't thoroughly explain his omission. As of this second he has the highest selling rap album of the year and a scene stealing verse on the best 'posse' cut of the year . (*Hands mic back to Taylor Swift ... and nobody was harmed, I apologize in advance.)"


MTV has issued a response to the public's reaction toward Em's absence from the list.
Eminem's ranking was one of the most discussed topics at the Roundtable. His hotly anticipated return to hip-hop after a long absence drove first week sales of over 600,000 - the highest first-week of the year so far. He granted a handful of select interviews here and abroad, and was part of a massive moment with Sacha Baron Cohen at the MTV Movie Awards. But then Em retreated to the lab, where he spent the summer crafting Relapse 2. From June to September, Em all-but took himself out of the public eye, while other MCs generated week-to-week heat with mixtapes, guest appearances, performances and Web activity.

"EMINEMS RESPONSE"
I dont give a sh*t what list I'm on.. Im just doing this for the Music!






-Poppincollaz.com-












No comments:

Post a Comment